What is a Healthy Environment?
A healthy environment is where a person, animal or plant can survive and thrive. It should be a place suitable for habitation and free of harmful pollutants such as chemicals, microbes, electromagnetic radiation, excessive noise and overcrowding.
Our focus at estea is electromagnetic radiation and the underground stresses that aﬀect our homes and work spaces
– what are they
EMFs are energy fields created by electrically charged particles. Electric fields can be produced by stationary charges and magnetic fields can be produced by currents (moving charges). EMFs cannot be seen, felt or heard except from visible light, which is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. The sun, North/South magnetic elds and electrical charges in the atmosphere are all examples of natural EMFs.
Another name for EMFs is electromagnetic radiation (EMR).
There are four categories that we check – microwave frequency radiation, electric fields, magnetic fields and ‘dirty’ electricity. (More information in ‘What I oﬀer‘)
How EMFs can aﬀect your health
We have been told about the consequences of pollution and lack of good nutrition for many years but unfortunately the problems caused by EMFs are still regarded as unimportant even though they too can have a serious eﬀect on our health.
We are electrical beings. Every cell in our bodies uses electric signaling to communicate. The nervous system takes electrical signals back and forth from the brain to all parts of the body. When we are bombarded with so many electromagnetic signals surrounding us, how does the body deal with it? What eﬀect does it have on our bodies? Constant exposure to high levels of EMFs can eventually aﬀect your health. Everyone reacts diﬀerently and those that are aﬀected most are children & babies, the elderly & infirm.
Children are particularly vulnerable due to their thinner skulls which oﬀer less protection from EMFs. The World Health Organisation stated that a 5-year-old absorbs 60% more microwave radiation than an adult and exposures in bone marrow are up to 10 times greater than in adults. Also at risk are a child’s reproductive organs and nervous systems which could be aﬀected long-term if they are not adequately protected against EMFs.
Although the above groups are more at risk we are all susceptible to the risks of conditions caused by EMFs.
It is now understood that the eﬀects of EMFs are cumulative, so those who are constantly bombarded with EMFs and have been for a long time will be more susceptible.
Symptoms of electro-sensitivity
When we think of electro-sensitivity, we may think of paranoid people wearing tin hats with nets over their faces. This is far from the truth. Quite often people suﬀering from electro-sensitivity are savvy and well-educated who have embraced technology and have spent far too much time on their computers and in highly electromagnetic environments. Here in Britain, electro-sensitivity is not considered a health condition even though it is estimated that somewhere between 4% and 10% of our population are electro-sensitive (that is 2.5-6.3 million of the UK population) and up to 20% display some symptoms.
In Sweden, electro sensitivity is a recognised condition and suﬀerers are treated the same as others with debilitating conditions. Here in Britain there is very little medical awareness or understanding. Families and friends do not understand and are often therefore unsympathetic. This can result in depression and potentially suicide.
EMFs aﬀect people in so many diﬀerent ways, it can be diﬃcult to diagnose. Initial symptoms include:
- Short term memory loss, brain fog, confusion
- Heart palpitations
- Skin conditions such as redness, rashes, burning sensation and tingling
- Sleep disturbances/insomnia
- Problems with ears, hearing, tinnitus, itchy ears
- Problems with eyes, blurred, fractured vision
- General weakness
- Mouth Ulcers
Usually these symptoms reduce, even disappear when you remove yourself from the cause of the EMFs. This may take just a few hours or may even take weeks.
After prolonged exposure, symptoms can increase to include the following:
- Body twitching especially fingers and/or feet and legs
- Inability to concentrate and losing productiveness
- Mood swings and behavioural changes
- It takes longer to recover from virus, bacterial and parasitic infections due to an overworked immune system
- Sudden loss of words even everyday words, inability to speak coherently and short term memory loss or thought blocks (Usually temporary)
- Sharp pains usually in head or ears
- Dehydration/insatiable thirst
- Urinary and bowel urgency
- Gastro-intestinal ulcers
- Bloody stools/Diarrhea
- Hair Loss
- Cardiac dysrhythmia/palpitations
- Blood pressure anomalies
- Musculoskeletal pains and Joint dysfunction
- Increased chemical sensitivity
- Increased food sensitivity
It is unlikely that an electro-sensitive person would have all of the above conditions but they would have quite a few from the list. Radiation induced illnesses are expected to be multi-systemic.
So what can be done
Things you can do to reduce exposure to EMFs:
- Reduce WIFI by wiring in or at least turning oﬀ when not in use.
- Reduce the amount of time that you spend on WIFI equipment
- Reduce time spent on your mobile phone
- Think about using screening products
- Practice the best ways to use mobile phones – see blog
- Get a good night’s sleep – see blog
- Get in touch to discuss any products that will help. We can undertake an on-site survey to determine the severity of the problem and recommendations given to maximise improvements in your environment.
Geopathic stress can be present when the natural frequency of the earth’s magnetic field is disrupted or distorted by:
- Water moving under the surface such as underground streams, rivers, lakes, sewers and water pipes
- Metal ions moved by the water can cause electro-magnetic energy fields
- Tunnels, caverns
- Underground man-made structures- underground railways, services such as gas, electric and water mains, metal pilings and fences, embankments, quarries and mines
- Geological faults, mineral formations
The potential eﬀects of Geopathic Stress:
- It can lead to stress which in the long term can turn into disease
- Insomnia or sleep disorders
- Weakening of the immune and cardiovascular system
- Healing is slowed down
- Aggression and interpersonal relations can be aﬀected
- Reduction of performance at work and sport and taking more sick leave
The terms “earthing” and “grounding” mean the same. When you place your bare feet on the earth, negative ions flow from the earth into your body creating an antioxidant effect.
We are all electrical beings and constantly electrical signals are being sent around our bodies for communication through the nervous system to the brain. The signals are electrical charges being delivered between cells. These messages control the rhythm of your heartbeat, the movement of blood, and lots more. Like electrical equipment we benefit from being earthed.
The problem is that now we are often insulated from that earthing effect by wearing synthetic rubber soles and walking on manufactured surfaces such as acrylic carpets, vinyl and asphalt. Just think how you felt when you walked barefoot along the beach, didn’t it feel great.
Studies have shown that earthing has a number of effects, aside from creating a general feeling of well-being. It-
- Reduces inflammation
- Speeds up tissue repair and eases muscle pain from strenuous exercise
- Has been known to thin blood and improve its flow.
- Experiments showed that grounding improves the human physiology.
- Experiments showed ungrounded rats had higher blood sugar than grounded rats
- Improving sleep
93% Slept better
85% Fell asleep faster
100% Woke up feeling more rested
82% Had less muscle stiffness or pain
74% Saw chronic pain lessen or disappear
78% Reported general improvement in how they felt
During recent decades, chronic illness, immune disorders and inflammatory diseases have increased dramatically, could this be caused by losing connection with the earth. A simple test can check your body voltage and you will see how it compares when you are grounded and when you are not.
You have a choice you can walk barefoot on the earth for about an hour and a half or you can sleep on an earthing sheet to replicate its effect.