It’s important that you get enough sleep at night, as I’m sure you are aware, you never perform as well the next day as you would have done, had you had about 8 hours sleep.
You probably feel as though you’re lacking in concentration and your energy levels plummet. Why is that? When you sleep, your body, including its immune system repairs itself. So, if you don’t get enough sleep, your body weakens, your immune system doesn’t have time to repair itself, and so you become more susceptible to illnesses.
There are many factors which can affect your sleep, you might be stressed, the room is too hot, you may have a young baby keeping you awake, but did you know there could be other factors at play which you are unaware of?
Consider this. We are electrical beings, all our actions and thoughts are powered by electrical impulses. These impulses can be affected by other energies such as electricity, wi-fi, stresses in the earth beneath your home, and even the materials your home is made of. If you think of the static when it affects a radio, that’s how your body is affected too.
So, what can you do to reduce these interruptions to your electrical impulses? Here are five things to ensure you do to make your bedroom as peaceful as possible:
- Remove all electrical appliances. This is, of course, an ideal situation, so if you can’t, then at least unplug them, and remove the plugs from the sockets, especially if it has a transformer. Never leave anything on standby. Avoid bedside lamps that switch off and on by touching the base, as they emit a lot of electro-magnetic radiation. Battery operated alarms are better as plug-in ones tend to have transformers.
- Switch your router off before you go to sleep even if it is located elsewhere in the house. Also switch off all wi-fi equipment such as computers, tablets and printers etc. Try not to use any wi-fi equipment for an hour before you go to sleep, as their use makes it difficult for you to get to sleep, and then to sleep well as a result
- Do not go to bed with your mobile phone. Ensure it is switched off, or at least turn it onto airplane mode. Do not charge it if it’s close to you, and never use it when it is charging. This is due to high radiation coming from the phone. Don’t worry, you can still use the alarm
- Sleep on an earthing sheet. Earthing your bed enables you to discharge static from your body and increase the earth’s natural negative ions. Reducing the voltage of your body can help to improve the quality of your sleep. Participants in an experiment where they were earthed before sleep overwhelmingly reported better sleeping patterns (94%) and all of them woke up more rested as a result.
- Don’t sleep against a radiator, even if it is off
So if you are struggling to get to sleep, and you aren’t sure why you aren’t getting a good night’s rest, try out some of the tips above and see if it makes a difference. You might be surprised at the results! If you’d like to get in touch to talk about how electro-magnetic fields may be affecting your environment, please contact me, and we can discuss your options.